eHealth (also written e-health) is a relatively recent term for health care practice supported by electronic processes and communication.
Usage of the term varies; some argue that it is interchangeable with health informatics, with a broad definition covering electronic/digital processes in health, while others use it in the narrower sense of health care practice using the Internet.
It can also include health applications and links on mobile phones, referred to as mHealth or m-health.
The term can encompass a range of services or systems, including:
- electronic health records
- computerized physician order entry
- clinical decision support
- consumer health informatics
- health knowledge management
- virtual health care teams
- mHealth or m-health
- medical research using grids
- health informatics / health care information systems
See more information at the reference
Adapted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Internet. Accessed on June 14, 2016.