A group of people brought together to oversee a piece of work.
Typically, a steering group might be made up of up of representatives of relevant professional groups, key statutory agencies and the local community and its terms of reference might include:
- overseeing development and progress of the work
- agreeing the methodological framework and timescales
- providing an input of local knowledge and information
- acting as a bridge between partners
- facilitating the implementation of the assessment's recommendations
- helping to assimilate and disseminate the emerging lessons